The wacky misadventures of my life. Also known as, I have no one to talk to other than my computer. But Doogie Howser did it, so it's got to be cool, right?

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Whenever you (me) don't update for awhile, you (me) always feels the need to write what has been going on. And then it feels like I'm writing some laundry list of events that feel too long past and insignificant to write. So I'm gonna ignore what has happened since I last posted. If it was really exciting, I'm sure I would have written about it or told you.

My discovery of the Melrose Trading Post (flea market every Sunday at my dad's alma mater, Fairfax High School) has led to the purchase of many $10 70s dresses. Now I just need a coat, cardigans, boots and tights to be able to wear them for the next couple of months since the temperature finally dropped a bit. Good thing I have a nice lil hat collection already. Which is good since I'm sure air conditioning (as well as unemployment and laziness) contributes to me and Chris exhorbiant power bill.

I have been really into the Sound of Music lately, due to Gwen Stefani's sampling of The Lonely Goatherd in her new single, "Wind Up" Watch the video on youtube for some of those lovably frightening Harajuku girls.

Of course everyone knows Julie Andrews is a peach and Rogers and Hammerstein are awesome, but no one really recognizes Maria Von Trapp as style icon. I mean, I want this hair. Plus, Christopher Plummer is pretty easy on the eyes as the disciplinarian with the heart of gold father.



Competing for old tymey hair babe these days is Louise Brooks. Ever since I read a review of the silent German film Pandora's Box starring her, I musta read that name everywhere. That same night, deeming my hair too long, I took some dull kitchen shears to my head to attempt a Louise Brooks bob. It wasn't bad; definitely not some of the self-given hair cuts I have given in the past. Though I thought I had quit that obsessive compulsive behavior. It's really hard to pick a picture of her because they are all really stunning.



Now I just need someone (i.e. boys) or somewhere (i.e. a life) to show these off to. Sometimes I think my social life here is getting better, but it might actually be getting worse. How that's possible, I have no idea.

I'm really entertained by reruns of Beauty and the Geek. Now all I need is Rich Girls back and I'm set. Man, it'd be too easy to say something mean about Ally and Jaime here. I'll let the pictures of these bowsers say it all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

my roommate and i totally stayed up till 1 watching Beauty and the Geek last night. soworthit.

10:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on a 2004 trip to new york city, i went to the MTV/TRL store and bought a rich girls t-shirt! you're great!

11:00 PM

 
Blogger moondoggle said...

I had maria von trapp hair. I actually printed photos and brought them to the hair place. It was totally awesome. That was years ago. I was considering getting that hair back. Thats how I found your blog actually, by googling this topic.

Hoorah.

10:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home