The wacky misadventures of my life. Also known as, I have no one to talk to other than my computer. But Doogie Howser did it, so it's got to be cool, right?

Saturday, October 21, 2006

I Like Titles, But I Can Never Think of Them

Last night, Kelson and Travis came over so Travis, a former resident of Koreatown, could show us some local bars where we would not be the only non-Koreans there. This made them the first friends (excluding friends I know through Chris, i.e. Scarlett and Derek) to have visited the apartment. We walked down Western for too many blocks, only to realize that Kelson forogt his id. Despite being Asian (I assumed he'd know a secret handshake or soemthing), his babyface, wide-eyed innocence led the bar to not serve us alcohol so we had to walk alllll the way back. Then I got tired, and so the four of us sat around on the couches and chatted and drank Tecate (I had hot chocolate at this point, I'm just so fucking wild like that) and chatted. It was really fun and nice to just chill with friends, even though I think I am allergic to one of our couches, I can't find my keys, and Travis looks at me like I'm weird. I love that Kelson lives less than a mile away.

Also, last night, Chris and I were arguing over what to get for dinner, like we do. When I was ready to give up, since I had food to make unlike Chris who had run out, Chris said "Come on, it's something we can do together, as an apartment". This is funny because we must spend like ten hours a day together.

Most importantly, Chris and I were driving on the 405 or the 10 and we saw some dude hanging over a freeway overpass tagging the bridge. It looked so scary; he was on the tiniest ledge with cars zooming past underneath late at night. Now, I realize tagging is more about marking territory or defying the law, but also about not dying in the process.

Yesterday, we went to the local library, which it turns out is only like 4 blocks down St. Andrews Place. I am definately on an old animation kick right now, so I checked out some books on that. I am buying my dad this book for his birthday, and it's definately one of those presents I know he will like, but I'm buying also so I can borrow it.



I also am dying to read the book The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson, which is some sort of fictional story about a doctor and a reverand, but set against the very true story of Victorian London's cholera epidemic.



It's Saturday morning, and I have no plans for the eve ahead. And Battlestar Galactica is downloading really slowly. These two facts are sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home