The wacky misadventures of my life. Also known as, I have no one to talk to other than my computer. But Doogie Howser did it, so it's got to be cool, right?

Thursday, October 12, 2006

JobBlogBlogJob

Let me write here what I do to make money. Not that I make money. What I do to break even. Not that I break even. Anywaaaaays...

I am now on-call as a "site representative" for Real to Reel Locations Agency. What does this entail? There is an office. The office works with property owners who want there stuff in film. Then myself, or say 15 other people, can be called on the set during scouts, prep, shooting, and wrapping on the location to ensure that both the property owner and production are pleased, and make any and all notes of what's fucked up.

For example, my company is known for working with many of the hospitals used. Scrubs was a working hospital that was closed a couple of years back and now is only used for Scrubs. Because of this, there is also an apartment set, coffee shop set, bar set, etc. in this hospital. Because they have total control of the property. Which is why I do nothing when I am there. Tomorrow, I am going to St. Vincent's Hospital downtown while they prep for a Rob Reiner movie shooting there.

It's pretty boring and meaningless. But I am on sets, watching and observing, or doing my own thing. The hours are long, but the pay can be good.

When I am not doing this, I work as an assistant to an independent documentary filmmaker. I'm not really a production assistant, per se, since she isn't currently filming, but I'm not really a personal assistant, per se, because I don't do personal errands for her. She laughed at me when I offered to get her mail and feed her cat when she is out of town, which is often. Mainly, I submit her film to festivals and then work on promoting the film festivals where it is accepted via both print and the web. Sometimes I even get invited to swanky parties which I try and awkwardly get out of. Most of the time I like to sit in her west Hollywood apartment and pretend it's mine, save for all of the hippie stuff and cats.

And there it is, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home