The wacky misadventures of my life. Also known as, I have no one to talk to other than my computer. But Doogie Howser did it, so it's got to be cool, right?

Monday, October 09, 2006

Food and Friends (I'll Be Theeere For Yoooou, When the Rain Starts to Somethingsomethingsomething)

At Scrubs for day 2 out of 2 (for now). Been here since 5:30 am, til ??? I was warned it would be 16 hours. I gotta calculate how much money that will be or else I may go batty sometime soon. However, because today is a shooting day, there is food! Let me tell you all about it.

I missed breakfast because I was laying on the couch in my office in a semi-concious state, wanting to smash the walkie-talkie that crew gets with a baseball bat as there were far too many conversations for the time of morning. Plus, of course, I slept like shit, trying to go to bed early to wake up early, but instead waking up several times in the night, and maybe not sleeping again really after 3 am. Again, I was startled by sleeping Derek on our couch. I swear he wasn't there at 2:30 when I went to the bathroom and saw Chris's bedroom light on. However, I smart enough this time to pre-set my coffee maker so I had a good strong brew for the 15 minute drive. Anyways, I was told of omelette bars and crepe stations, but instead I made it at the last 5 minutes for bagels and donuts. Not that I'm complaining, because I'm on a all-carb, refined sugar diet. So I had two donuts.

Lunch confirmed all my dreams come true. The hot food of the day was Cajun-themed with gumbo, jambalaya, shrimp, blackened fish, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and yams. There was an entire station of a variety of cold salads and a regular salad bar. Dessertland had two kinds of cake, many kinds of ice cream, fruit and cookies.

I don't know when dinner is. I just kinda walked out there (food is at the opposite side of the building) and it happened to be lunchtime at noon. When dinner is, it's anyone's guess. I hope there is a Surf 'N' Turf special. Less Turf, more Surf though. It'd almost be as good as a boy taking me out to dinner here but instead of my witty banter, I bring it back into my office and weep into my mashed potatoes (jk! no weeping! just lots of mashed potatoes and self-pity!)

But good news in Friendland is that Kelson, an old friend from Berkeley who I think the last time I saw was at my 21st birthday, moved in 0.9 miles from my apartment! How I want to go to Midnight Ridazz this Friday, but fear the 24 mile route from Hollywood to Echo Park (see all carb, refined sugar diet). Ilan also put me in touch with Aaron Greyson, who I have known for years, but never actually known. However, the limited contact through mutual friends has always been pleasant, and we had good AIM this morning. If anything, him and his girlfriend and other couple of dudes he hangs out with will be good movie watching buddies. I also really wanna make it back to UCB and/or Steve Allen theater sometime soon since they are fun and cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home