The wacky misadventures of my life. Also known as, I have no one to talk to other than my computer. But Doogie Howser did it, so it's got to be cool, right?

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sundae

I just rode my bike about 4 miles each way (uphill, in the snow, both ways, at 6 am, everyday) to the Grove, which is the most ridiculous excuse for a mall/plaza/galleria that I go to far too often to admit. It has a trolley that carries you the length of the mall, which is not very big. It has one of those fountains where the water bounces around and you want to play in it but can't. It also has a movie theater that costs like $12. One time it took Chris and I 25 minutes to get out of the parking garage. But it has a Barnes and Noble, which has books and magazines, and food, so unfortunately, it's a necessary evil to attend at times.

The first couple of times I rode my bike that way to the comic book store (you can't go straight through because country clubs get in the way, so I have to kind of go up and around), I was too afraid to listen to my ipod at the same time. But then I realized when I am driving in my car, I listen to music way louder and am probably even less aware of what's going on around me since I am in my protective shell. Whereas when I'm on my bike, I try and obey all laws and traffic signals and such so as to not die. I have no health insurance so my limbs breaking would be expensive.

Here is my playlist from today's bikeride. A nice mix of stuff, if you asked me. I definitely pumped my legs to the phunky beatz more than once.

Get It On - T. Rex
Gotta Get Up - Harry Nilsson
Little Girls - Oingo Boingo
Bossy - Kelis
Good Vibrations - Beach Boys
Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
Sexyback - Justin Timberlake
Shame on a Nigga - Wu-Tang Clan
Collection of Stamps - I'm From Barcelona
Working for the Man - Roy Orbison
I Got Rythm - Ella Fitzgerald sings Gershwin

The Simple Minds song reminds me that Chris, having never seen the Hughes/Ringwald 80s collaborations, watched the Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink with me last week. Now I was obsessed with the Breakfast Club in junior high and it stands up really well. But, Pretty in Pink kinda sucks! Andy (Molly Ringwald) isn't very nice to anyone. Not her friends, her dad, not Duckie, and not even Blaine. She's really just kinda a bland bitch. Of course Blaine sucks. And Duckie gets the bum deal anyways so it's not even worth him being the best character.

Also, when I was listening to Wu-Tang's Shame on a Nigga I rewrote lyrics a la Weird Al to make it Shame on a Blogga (that's hip hop slang for blogger, k?) It was really good.

I don't want to nap because I have to get up at 5 am tomorrow. But it's Sunday, Chris isn't here, and I biked. Life is reeeeeally hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home