The wacky misadventures of my life. Also known as, I have no one to talk to other than my computer. But Doogie Howser did it, so it's got to be cool, right?

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I Wanna Get Physical!

So about a week ago I joined the Gold's Gym closest to my house, mainly because it has free and ample parking compared to, say, 24 hour fitness in the ghetto. They love to promote the fact that, despite being about a mile away, they are within the Hollywood border. This makes them the HOLLYWOOD (*spirit fingers*) Gold's Gym. So they get to say stuff like "well, this is Hollywood, blahblahblah."

For example, today I had a personal health assessment with "one of their best" trainers. In fact, his card reads Best Trainer 2004. I think he has been on meth or something since. Because, he was either so distracted that it took him 5 minutes to get out a sentance. Just very spacy and a lot of "ummms" per sentance. I almost wanted to say "this is Hollywood, talk faster!" Even if that doesn't make sense, but everyone else there was saying it. Anyways, when going over my goals to get back into shape, he assumes I want to lose a ton of weight to jumpstart my acting career. Whatever happened to promoting health, fitness, flexibility, self-onfidence, wellness of mind and spirit? Apparently, in HOLLYWOOD, these are unimportant. I must look good first.

Rachel: I would say 15 pounds gone would be great. I think that was about the best I looked and felt about myself.
Trainer: *stares me up and down* Yeah, I think 15 would look really good. But, ya know, if you want to be on camera...
Rachel: No, no I don't. I barely allow a polaroid.
Trainer: *doubtful* Uh huh....uh....duuuur...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home