The wacky misadventures of my life. Also known as, I have no one to talk to other than my computer. But Doogie Howser did it, so it's got to be cool, right?

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I never realized how complicated the rules of dating are and how they go against my entire natural state of being. Like I thought it was only in movies where one is supposed to wait two days before calling, girls shouldn't do this or that, you don't wanna look desperate, play hard to get, blahblahblah. Whereas in RachelLanderLand, I talk to everyone without thinking, message anyone without questioning how that will be perceived, and basically, just go for it. As Maude said, "otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room". Now, in the real world, I got rules and restrictions! I gotta read the fine print!

Speaking of the real world, I love how at every stage of life, they omiinously warn you about the next one. Like, watch out, junior high is soooo much harder than elementary school! High school, man, that's a whole 'nother ballgame. College, now that's the real world! No parents! Am I in the real world now? Aren't they all the real world, but just different stages of it with the difficulty of each relative and completely unrelated to the other stages?

In other news, I went to Garage Comedy last night at El Cid and finally met the famous Paul Rust in person. Highlights of the show include the very sincere poet who reminded me of Bob Ross/Mr. Jellyneck, a girl dressed as a guy doing machismo humor with a great repore with a slutty scenester heckler in the audiance, and, of course, Neil and Paul's bit about a college a capella group reunion that ended with them licking each other and screaming. Tonight, I am gonna go to Comedy Death Ray at UCB because Chris lovingly forces me to do these things and it will be fun because Charlyne Yi is in it.

And Michael Showalter has a blog. OMG, we have soooo much in common. I've got a blog, too, Sho, I got a blog too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home