The wacky misadventures of my life. Also known as, I have no one to talk to other than my computer. But Doogie Howser did it, so it's got to be cool, right?

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Myspace

Myspace used to be where I kept in touch with Benny and Josh's gang from school - Ari, Steve, Amanda, Erika, etc. Facebook was where I kept in touch with people from Berkeley. I have never "friended" a person on either without having met or talked to them first, unless through some random strange connection. When I met a new person, I would usually wait til we'd met three times before I officially asked them to be my myspace friend (unless, of course, they asked me first). I figured three times was enough that we'd had conversations and that they would remember who the hell I was. And hopefully like me.

Now, though, having moved to a new city, myspace has taken on so much more significance in my everyday life. Everyone I meet I wanna find on there. And actually use it as a means to communicate. So they remember me. So they wanna be my friend.

Today, I was at the AIDS Walk and there was a group of three girls walking ahead of me. They couldn't have been older than 13, and I would guess they were around 10. A woman snapped a promo picture of them walking. One of the girls said to the woman "can you send that to my myspace?"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY i was name-dropped in a blog!

3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home