The wacky misadventures of my life. Also known as, I have no one to talk to other than my computer. But Doogie Howser did it, so it's got to be cool, right?

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hardly Working

This week was spent hardly making any money while spending too much to amuse myself.

Saturday night, big party with too many s'mores.

Sunday night, I went to Josh Fadem's Acid Reflux SomethingSomethingSomething (I can't remember after acid reflux, it's too complicated) which is another variety-type comedy show. I had to consult with people before I was permitted to attend such a thing alone because Chris was in San Diego. I threw caution to the wind (did I use that saying right? it sounds kinda gross) and went anyways. It is also very close to my house and every Sunday with different people. I'm hoping someday one of those people will be me because it's a nice small space. I submitted online to Garage Comedy at El Cid which is open to new performers, so then I can tell Josh Fadem how I brought the house down/killed/broke a leg at UCB and El Cid.

Monday, open mic, UCB, see below.

Tuesday, Chris and I saw the Prestige. I concluded in my head several thoughts about magic. I really hate most magic. Magicians make me feel really uncomfortable, and I don't have that sort of puzzle-solving brain that ever cares to find out how tricks are actually done. Not that I'd say no to a trip to the Magic Castle; I just probably wouldn't appreciate it as much as others. But, I do love fictional/non-fictional magic and carnival and circus history. See Geek Love and Cavalier and Klay and Freaks for good examples. I also have always had a thing for Victorian England/Industrial Revolution etc. so it was right up my alley. Mainly, what I'm getting at, is I bought the book it was based on too. I also got the Ghost Map book I was talking about for more old-tymy London plague fun!

Tuesday night, we also went back again to UCB for Comedy Deathray (the Tuesday night show's title) with the people behind Home Movies, who also do a show every Saturday midnight at Steve Allen Theater. Chris Hardwick of Singled Out fame (who is actually quite cute and funny and we have the same black velcro Vans), Paul F. Thompkins, and Louis CK also performed. We made a friend in line who we will probably never see again. His name was Kirk.

Every time I feel sad about not having friends lately, I get the Cheers theme song stuck in my head.

Wednesday, Chris and I went to a booksigning for Amy Sedaris' new book about hosting parties, crafts, cooking, etc. I've read about half of it and it's really fun and funny. Like she makes jokes but also has really good ideas. More importantly, just because we actually had some good banter, I was standing next to Robert from Project Runway (season 3, duh). Like we got to talk about Barbie.

Tonight I have to work, booooooooo. I feel like I'm getting sick. I don't think the boy I like cares if I live or die. Awesome! This is boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home